Being an eclipse newbie, setting up third party JARs was a bit painful to figure out. Well, not painful as such, just painful once i tried to move the project across platforms.
See, I was using the External JARs… option in the Build Path dialog. But that set up absolute paths, which is a bad idea even if you stay on the same platform. Going across platforms C:\.. just wasn’t an option. So i tried editing the
.classpath by hand. That just created tied the path to the root. Finally I figure out that if i added a
lib directory to the project, the JARs I put inside of it, were now browsable by the Add JARs option. Now everything build happily across Mac and Windows. Joy.